Wednesday 31 May 2017

No Vacancy

A few weeks ago I hung up my birds nest. It is a fixer-upper but I was hopeful that it would catch someone's interest.
 
Well by the end of the day, within a couple of hours actually, I saw a Chickadee checking it out.
 
Now there is a young family of Chickadees and much coming and going and chirping.
 
 


 
seems to be a bit of a tight squeeze:
 


 
there is a cheerful chirping sound every time one of the parents visits the nest


 
very soon I suspect the small birds will leave the nest



and take tentative flights around my back yard
 








and I look forward to that day

 
until that day there is no vacancy here!
 
--------------------
 
Two more watercolours of Gargoyles from my studio before I go onto something else:
 
 
 
"Watch the Birdie" is a gargoyle from the Paisley Abbey in Scotland:
 
 
 
The second is from Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland, one of the chapels mentioned in the da Vinci Code.
 
I think this one looks like a lioness, I think that is what I will call it: 

 
Well that is all I have for this week,
 
happy Wednesday, with whimsy,
 
Gillian.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment